Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Kayonthelake's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Sep 4, 2016 3:21 PM

Closed

Landline phone stopped displaying caller ID

My UVERSE landline telephone has stopped displaying caller ID and voicemail notifications and past caller ID. Please advise. Do I need new phone, batteries, or do I need to call  ATT?

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

6年前

@Kayonthelake - Fresh batteries are always a good first step because it is easy & (if you have a stock of battries) FREE.

In this case I believe the lack of any display points to dead batts. At least my phones work that way.

No history also says it is not att. att is only capable of sending the new ones with new calls. Once captured, it is something to do with the phone.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6年前

Thanks so much for your response. I don't believe I want to spend money on new batteries only to find out that is not the problem, especially since my phones hold a charge very well. And display shows directory and length of calls.

Other "things" have gone awry with my UVERSE internet in the last few days. A live chat with ATT rep did not resolve the issue, and was told a supervisor would call me back within 20 minutes. That was 2 hours ago. 

Sorry if if I sound a tad frustrated. I've forwarded my calls to my cell phone ( hopefully that will work) and that voice in my head is telling me, now might be a good time to give up land line. Any thoughts on that?

thanks again for your response,

kp

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

6年前

@Kayonthelake - I was picturing a wired phone with "flashlight" batteries, because that was my previous experience.

If it is a wireless system with rechargeables, it is a different story. I would look in the manula for an option to display or not display. Might be a power saver feature.

I looked in my Panasonic manual & the only thing close is a contrast setting. I suppose the the LCD could have disconnected or failed. Are the any menus displayed? Maybe a srp rap will restore a loose connection.

Post your model number & I will look it up.

Discontinue landline for cell is just a personal preference. Many find cell best & others are not ready.

These days any failure of a device is a big step twowards replacing it with something new. I just did that with a humidifier.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6年前

The phone is a vetch model # DS6520-22 and about 2 and a half years old. I can't locate the manual although the garbage collector probably could!

The date and time are correct on the display screen.

Please don't feel you have to spend time on my delema, but for what you have done, thank you!

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

6年前

@Kayonthelake - Here is the manual (click on the first item) -https://www.google.com/#q=ds6520-22+manual

I did not see anything that would help - suggest you contact v-tec -

If you have difficulty with your telephone, please try the suggestions below.
For customer service, visit our website at www.vtechphones.com or call
1 (800) 595-9511. In Canada, go to www.vtechcanada.com or dial 1 (800) 267-7377.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6年前

I do not know who you are, or even how I found you online, but I am a 70 year old female with no technical skills and lacking the savvy to know/think how to solve technical issues. I have spent a long time on the phone with ATT to no avail. Then you come along and with the patience of a saint and willingness to help others, solve the issue.

So please put a star in your crown this Labour Day weekend and know you are somebody's hero for the day. Mine!

Withgratitude and respect,

Kay from Cornelius NC

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

6年前

@Kayonthelake - Glad to hear YOU resolved the probelm. What was the solution?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6年前

I did the reset recommended by Vtech (option 5 of their "fix" list); unplugged power cord, phone line and batteries in handsets, replugged and voila! I'm laughing since I had myself convinced to discontinue my land line! Perhaps you could "fix" that delema as well! :>)

Still grateful for your help!

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6年前

@Kayonthelake   When in doubt, Reboot!  One morning had to remove the battery of my Vtech phone as it would not leave quiet mode, I have it in every nite. Smiley LOL

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

• 

1 Message

10日前

Hi- I have 6 phones at home, all of have caller Id screen/feature(CID). 2 phones are VTech, 2 phones at AT&T, 1 from Clarity and 1 Panasonic cordless. Why is it that the CID will not display on the Clarity and Panasonic phone?

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.1K Messages

10日前

You've posted on a 6 year old topic. You haven't said what service you have and could be the incoming FSK code for CID isn't strong enough for that many phones. If I'm reading you correctly you have 6 different phones or bases that would be using the signal.  If you need more please provide the information mentioned and start your own topic. Closing this to further posting.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.