Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
ANGRYOLDLADY's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 17th, 2015 7:29 PM

LANDLINE - ANGRY, BITTER, DISGUSTED

Why does AT&T give such poor repair service on landlines and where is their humanity?  There doesn't even seem to be a forum for landlines, so I'm posting this here.  I have been an AT&T landline customer for many years and always paid my bills on time.  I don't want a smart phone, I have a landline because I have an elderly invalid mother who lives with me and I want dependable service and no dead zones.  All was well until this year.  My landline has gone dead - no dial tone - on several occasions and really IS a dead zone now once again.  My phone is dead and was reported to repair service on Weds when there was static on the line.  Thursday the line went dead so I contacted customer service and explained the situation and that there are medical care providers that need to get in touch with me for my homebound mom who has multiple medical problems.  The only cell phone I have is a disposable phone that you have to reload with money every 3 months so I gave her that number and she said she would check with a supervisor to expedite.  I got a recorded message back saying they would not expedite my service call.  The service call is set for Monday - nearly a WEEK after I reported trouble.  The phone going dead has ALWAYS been at the switchbox at the corner - it has NEVER been on my phone lines.  The last tech said he permanently "fixed" it so it wouldn't happen again but the phone lines out here are old.  I tried to chat on the website, but it seems there is no chat available for landlines.  I find AT&T's handling of this matter unacceptable and when there are medical issues involved there should be expedited repair service.  I was told in the past that no technicians work on the weekends in Nashville.  AT&T is heartless, cruel, and greedy.  Apparently it would affect their bottom line profits if they were to put in place new lines in my neighborhood.  They keep contacting me to "bundle."  Why would anyone want to bundle with them when they can't or won't even keep reliable landline service?   I am sick of this! Woman Frustrated  What do I have to do to get someone from AT&T to address landline issues and expedite repair service for the elderly and infirm?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

UPDATE:  Saturday late afternoon a technician showed up and fixed the problem that was at the pole/switchbox.  I am happy to report that now we have a dial tone and phone is working properly.  Just holding our collective breaths until the "next time" which, if we are lucky, we may get to go 1 or 2 months with reliable phone service.  It's like playing roulette - we never know from day to day if our phone will be in working order.  But for now, problem solved.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.1K Messages

9 years ago

Do you have other land options? Competition usually keeps a company on its toes.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

NO DIALTONE and started with terrible static..... AT& T is the problme....not us!!!! I havebeen without dialtone for MANY days and WEEKS OF STATIC preceeded it!!!! WHY doesn;t AT&T solve this problem!!!1 I alrerady got rid of my dedicated fax libne several months ago due to this problem as they convinced me it was not their problem!!! BUT IT IS I AM NOT THE ONLY opne going through this!!!!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

A 'tech' and I use the word loosely, came to repair the deteriorating outside phone lines after constant loud ongoing static. He told us to leave our phone off the hook to let the lines dry out

:

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

They just lost me as a cell phone customer, and after today, they'll lose my Uverse business. They expedited one of my family's landline repairs yesterday and then failed to make their appointment. I informed the lady after they failed, that it cost them my cell phone account, and if not the next day, my Uverse account. My cell phone is in transfer right now, and if not repaired in 4 hours, my Uverse will be cancelled in September. My reasons are many for doing this, mostly because of the poor service over the years of that particular landline. I'm talking about a case of trouble every 2-3 years for 40 years.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.