How do I Setup Voicemail for my Land Line Home Phone?
How do I set up voicemail for my landline home phone? How do I view online?
This applies to AT&T local home phone service (Legacy Landline). Don't have traditional phone service?
From your phone
- Do one of the following:
- Push *98 from your home phone.
- Enter your home phone number or access number listed in your welcome letter.
- Choose a Personal Identification Number (PIN) between 6 and 10 digits long.
- Enter your PIN followed by the # sign.
- Re-enter your PIN followed by the # sign.
- Follow the instructions to set up your 8-digit authentication code. This code can be used if you forget your PIN or need to reset it.
- When prompted, say your name after the tone and press #.
- If you're happy with the recording, press 1.
- To record again, press 2.
- Follow the prompts to record a personal greeting or to use a pre-recorded system greeting.
From a tablet or computer
Before you start, make sure you have your welcome letter. It contains your temporary email address and password.
To set up your mailbox using a phone number not connected to your AT&T Voicemail, follow these steps:
- Dial your Access Number.
- Enter your Temporary PIN (your 10-digit phone number).
- Follow the prompts to set up your mailbox.
Reset the number of rings
To reset the number of rings before UM voicemail answers, please call us at 800.288.2020.
Call AT&T Unified Messaging Customer Care at 888.300.6500, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET.
Have more questions about your voicemail service? Visit our support hub!
Have other questions or concerns? Go to att.com or search the forums using the search bar above. Your question may have already been answered!