Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Mar 23, 2018 9:17 PM

Handsets will not register to base CRL82312

I purchased a new CRL 82312 with 3 handsets.  They registered instantly. I also purchased 3 CRL80112 handsets to connect to the same base. 

None of them will register. 

When they say they are registering,  the "in use" light does not light up on the base. 

After a while the message "registration failed" shows up and the "To Register see manual" message reappears. 

Any suggestions? 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

7.5K Messages

2 years ago

Sounds like they maybe registered to another base. See this article to deregister the handsets, it works on many different handsets. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

It worked! The correct registration process was as your article described. I pressed the Locate Handset button on the base and then the # button on the handsets.  The procedure  in my manual did not work. 

Thank you very much! 

• 

3 Messages

What did you do?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I Tried with other method and it worked. Thanks

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

7.5K Messages

2 years ago

@josedaniel88 They're not all the same.  Mind sharing what worked for you so it may help others?

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Pardon me. I wrote in another topic.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Trying to register a new handset to my base. It keeps failing and the in use light will not come on

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

When they say they are registering, the "in use" light does not light up on the base.

After a while the message "registration failed" shows up and the "To Register see manual" message reappears.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

7.5K Messages

To many jumbled up post, try the link in this post and if no help start a new topic that's easier to follow.

Get started...

Ask a new question