D

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 13th, 2020 6:20 PM

Forced de-registration procedure for an orphaned Headset TL7800

How do you force the deregistration of the headset TL7800 if the base it was previously connected to has stopped functioning?

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

4 years ago

I assume you tried the deregistration process in the manual.  Other than that I can find no way to force a deregistration of the headset without the base it was registered to. 

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

4 months ago

Hi, thought I would add some info I received directly from ATT support to manually de-register a TL7800 headset that was likely registered to another base phone.  I have a SB67138 base (phone) unit and I broke my original headset (TL7600).  ATT told me the TL7800 and TL7900 would work with my base unit. I found another headset and charging base on ebay for $40.  But it would not register to my base unit.  After reading a bunch of info, it indicated that the headset may have been registered already, to another base unit.  ATT gave me info on how to manually force un-registration on the headset.

The headset needs to be properly charged.  There are 6 steps which need to be done rather rapidly.  It worked the 2nd time I tried it as I did it a bit faster.

Vol+, Pwr button, Vol -, Pwr button, Vol +, Vol -, Pwr button.  If done properly the power button will change colors and blink.  To check, put the headset into your ear and press the power button.  A voice will tell you the headset is not registered.  Then you can follow the registration directions to register it to your base unit.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.