Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:31 PM

EL51109 Handset

Are there any other models compatible with the EL51109? For example, the EL51209, which I have seen for sale recently.

Responses

Accepted Solution

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.4K Messages

a month ago

Basic two handset cordless, no frills. Found here about $34.00

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.4K Messages

a month ago

The EL51109 is a stand alone cordless phone. So is the 51209 so not sure what you mean by compatible.  If you mean will one handset work in the other base than I'd say no.

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

Thank you. Correct, I am looking for a handset that I can charge on my EL51109 base. I only need a 2nd handset for when mine is charging for a couple of hours 3-4 times a week. (I'm 81 with health issues. I'm very anxious to be without a phone while it is charging.)

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.4K Messages

a month ago

Even if it would charge it most likely wouldn't work with the base unit.   If your phone is charging it doesn't keep you from using it should you get or need to make a call, just put it back in the base when you're done, it doesn't hurt to leave it in the base unit and keep it charged. 

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

How does a base charge a handset, yet not work? (Do you mean I could charge the substitute handset but not be able to make or take a call on it?) And I need to keep my handset nearby -- I keep it in a holster strapped to my walker -- because I am of such limited mobility that I can't get to the base before the caller gives up. Or if I have a medical emergency & need to make a call.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.4K Messages

a month ago

Do you mean I could charge the substitute handset but not be able to make or take a call on it?

That's what I mean.  The base and handset have to be on the same channel/frequency otherwise all cordless phones would interfere with each other in a close environment.   I suggest you get a cordless system with two handsets.  They're pretty cheap if you just get a basic one. 

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

Thanx for clarifying for me. I'm thinking about getting a new phone system, but at the moment I can't budget for one. (I'm on Social Security.) Maybe if there's another relief/stimulus check.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

Thank you.

Get started...

Ask a new question