olydrh's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 9th, 2022 5:34 PM

Create 2nd voicemail box for 2nd digital phone number

We have 2 numbers on our digital voice uverse account.  Both have shared the same voicemail primary user account. I need to have each number to have its own voicemail box.  I have already created a sub-account, as I understand a sub-account can have their own voicemail box. The options listed here do not match up with what choices I have: https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-voice/KM1067815/

I found the next step after voicemail box creation where I'm directed to User Permissions Setup Wizard, but I get the message: You need to set up your voice mail for sub-accounts before you can set up the user permissions for these users.

So I can't figure out how to create the voicemail box.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

3 months ago

Sounds like you'll need to work with customer support.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I did end up calling into customer support for this, but while on the phone I did end up figuring it out using the Web.  I have no idea how I got there but I ended up where I needed to be using one of the many links... to me the website(s) are just not clear enough and you end up just clicking around until you find where you need to be.  This was about 7 days ago and I should have posted this right after, as I now don't have a very clear 'how to' for how to do this. But yes, have to have a sub-account.  Then manage your digital voice account and change settings from a 'single' shared voicemail box for all, to individual ones. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.