Cyber Week Deals: Get $800 off the Google Pixel 6 Pro with FREE Google Pixel A Series White Earbuds!
anonme's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Feb 8, 2015 6:16 PM

Can't access voicemail - password has not changed - ATT closed today (Sun)

I've had ATT voice mail on my land line for at least a decade. Today, for the first time, I can't access voice mail because my "password does not match the home phone number". I have never changed the password. Tried to contact ATT but they have no one available to help today (Sunday). Does anyone have any ideas regarding how to access my voice mail or how to find a live person at ATT on Sunday? Don't know if it makes a difference but I don't have U-verse. (Was required to post this in a specific forum and the only other 2 choices were internet and wireless so that's why this post is in the U-verse forum even though I don't have U-verse.)

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

7 y ago

@anonme wrote:

I've had ATT voice mail on my land line for at least a decade. Today, for the first time, I can't access voice mail because my "password does not match the home phone number". I have never changed the password. Tried to contact ATT but they have no one available to help today (Sunday). Does anyone have any ideas regarding how to access my voice mail or how to find a live person at ATT on Sunday? Don't know if it makes a difference but I don't have U-verse. (Was required to post this in a specific forum and the only other 2 choices were internet and wireless so that's why this post is in the U-verse forum even though I don't have U-verse.)

Tech support is 24/7/365, landlines are handled at 1-800-288-2020, so call them and see if they can help. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Hi Chris,

Thank you much for your reply. Smiley Happy

I called the 1-800-288-2020 twice before I posted in the forum and could not reach a live person. Eventually, the recording told me to call back during business hours.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Not sure where you live, but if you are in an area formerly served by BellSouth (now AT&T Southeast) you can reach repair service by dialing ****. If your voicemail service is using the older BellSouth MemoryCall (now simply called AT&T Voicemail) you can dial area code ****,   If you live in an area formerly served by Ameritech, Pacific Telesis, or another baby bell now owned by AT&T, try dialing 6-1-1 or dial zero and ask your operator for repair service.

I am NOT an AT&T employee, but I am a "phone phreak" and telephone hobbyist and Alan has helped me with my voice mailbox many times. I obtained the 615 area number from my caller id when they called me back regarding a trouble ticket.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Apparently the moderators did not take kindly to my sharing the direct line to the Voicemail Help Desk or the Repair Service number found in my local AT&T phone book. So my advice would be to dial zero for the operator and ask for repair service. The operator will connect you directly to AT&T repair center for your area. When you reach repair, ask them to create a trouble ticket for your mailbox and ask that someone in Voicemail Repair call you back. Provide your repair service operator with your callback number and best time you can be reached. Someone from the voicemail help desk should call you back. when they do, write down the number from the caller-id and keep it in a safe place for future reference.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.