Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
kd3569

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

Tue, Jun 2, 2020 7:06 PM

Call forwarded too many times

I have all calls from my landline forwarded to my cell phone. When people call the landline they get a message that says: "your call cannot be completed at this time because the call has been forwarded too many times." How can I fix this and how can I prevent it from happening again?

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.7K Messages

5 months ago

What landline service, digital or traditional? Do you also have your cell phone forwarded? Try releasing all forwarding on your cell phone, just in case.

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
kd3569

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

@spoom2 I don't know if it's digital or analog. Would my AT&T bill give a clue? The cell phone isn't forwarded. Should I reset the call forwarding on the landline?

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.7K Messages

If your phone is served by a modem it's digital. Digital service have a variety of ways to forward. If you have a traditional landline they don't. I still think you should go through the process of removing all forwarding from your cell service, it won't hurt anything and you'll be sure no forwarding features are active.

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
kd3569

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

It's connected by a phone line to a wall outlet. How do I remove forwarding from my cell service?

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.7K Messages

I don't know you'd have to refer to your cell phone features.

kd3569

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

it's not the cell phone that's giving me the message, it's the landline

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.7K Messages

So you released the forward and you still get the message? Have you forwarded to a different number to see what happens? There's things you can do to prove where the trouble is. Let us know precisely what you've tried so far.

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question