Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
sunnysfour's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Aug 26, 2014 10:36 PM

Call Blocking - More than 20 numbers

U-Verse Voice should allow more than 20 numbers to be blocked.  I use this service to eliminate political calls, telemarketers using polling, and religeous groups. All of these have loopholes in the Do Not Call list that permits them to bother me at home.  I'm certain that it is technically possible to have unlimited call blocks. Could ATT expand the service to allow 50 or more?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.1K Messages

8年前

@sunnysfour wrote:

U-Verse Voice should allow more than 20 numbers to be blocked.  I use this service to eliminate political calls, telemarketers using polling, and religeous groups. All of these have loopholes in the Do Not Call list that permits them to bother me at home.  I'm certain that it is technically possible to have unlimited call blocks. Could ATT expand the service to allow 50 or more?

That would be lovely...and make my life so much simpler.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6年前

Instead of trying to block calls why not only allow only specific calls of your choice. If you like this scenario use the Call Screen feature that is included in your AT&T U-verse Voice service.  

As an example, suppose that xxx-xxx-9865 is one of the phone numbers on your accepted caller list. When this person calls you they get right through and you answer. If any other person who is not on your list dials your phone number, your number is a dead end. Their call is not accepted and is ended. Your phone does not even ring. Not one or one million telemarketer or other unwanted caller is ever able to disturb you.

You are allowed to enter 20 phone numbers on your permitted caller list. If this is too restrictive for full time use, turn on the feature at those times of the day when you don't want any intrusive callers and you only want to receive calls from a special select few.

I suggest contacting AT&T customer service and request the option of more phone numbers for your permitted caller list. Then use the feature full time and never again be bothered by a telemarketer or any other annoying caller. With a lot of ingenuity I am getting by with 20 numbers and use the feature full time. It is wonderful not getting any more of those annoying phone calls. I check my call log once in a while and see hundreds of malicious attempts that were stopped dead.  

It is a waste of time to block calls. If you block one number the scammer or marketer simply uses a new number. You would eternally be futilely adding numbers to your block list.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6年前

Obviously AT& T DOES NOT CARE that we are constantly harrassed by unwanted calls.  I have at least 50+ scammer phone call numbers that I cannot block.  I remove one to replace it with a current one and then the old number I removed scams me again.  I never answer the unknown numbers.  AT&T, seriously, allow us to block as many numbers as we need to block.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5年前

Why can ATT answer any of these questions?  I am ready to try other phone companies.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.