Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
yosappy's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, March 17th, 2019 10:57 PM

Closed

Block Calls from "Numbers Not in Service" or "Unknown Numbers"

How do I Block calls received from "Numbers Not in Service" or "Unknown Numbers."  I know these are somehow SPOOFING the GREAT AT&T; but, IT NEEDS TO STOP.  Please help............

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

5 years ago

You can't, there's nothing to block, unknown or unavailable means no information was sent so you can't block what's not there.  Also saw your other post, please search for robocalls, spoofed calls and blocking to get more information.  These things are not just an AT&T problem and all carriers, the FCC and the government have to work together to resolve the problem, which they claim they are doing, but they've been claiming that for sometime.  No one carrier can do it on their own no matter how much they want to. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I call (Edited per community guidelines).  I worked for Bell La(Edited per community guidelines).  All telecommunications switching systems know the originating number.  When the number it is reporting as originating is not a valid number (disconnected or unregistered) this is easily detected.  The phone companies simply don't want to provide this as a filter.  They all model revenues off callers paying to make calls rather than people receiving calls.  So they don't care if you got annoying calls, they got paid.

(edited)

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

3 years ago

Search for the traced act and the stir/shaken portion of it. Probably should do a bit of research before you post in an old topic.  Closing to posting.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.