For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tuesday, April 4th, 2017 3:00 PM

Closed

AT&T Remote Call Forwarding – Legacy Landline

PhoneBanner.png

Remote Call Forwarding is an easy way to turn on Call Forwarding when you’re away from home. With remote access, you can use any phone to redirect your calls to a number where you can be reached. To use the service, you'll need a special access telephone number and PIN. If you already have this feature, you should have received your PIN after signing up for Remote Call Forwarding. If you don’t have this feature, you'll receive your PIN in the mail after adding this feature to your monthly service.

Note: This article applies to AT&T local home phone service. Don't have traditional phone service? Select Digital Phone service or wireless service.

Activate Remote Call Forwarding 

1. Dial the special access number assigned to you.
  2. Dial your 7 or 10-digit home telephone number.
  3. Dial your PIN.
  4. Press 72#.
  5. Dial the forward-to number, including 1+ area code if required.
  6. Follow the voice instructions to confirm or change the forward-to number.

Deactivate Remote Call Forwarding 

1. Dial the special access number assigned to you.
  2. Dial your 7 or 10-digit home telephone number.
  3. Dial your PIN.
  4. Press 73#.
  5. Follow the voice instructions to confirm deactivation.

Tips

• If you make a mistake while following the instructions, just press * and the previous information will be repeated.
  • If you have forgotten the PIN assigned when you set up Remote Access to Call Forwarding, call the AT&T Service Center to have your PIN reset.

Additional resources

Additional solutions for calling features
Order Remote Call Forwarding

-ATTCustomerCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Need help with AT&T Remote Call Forwarding – Legacy Landline? See the information above for details.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We have set up our voicemail on our home phone with the new Unified Messaging service.  When you call the number directly, it goes to voice mail as we have just set up.  We have business number that we forward to the home number.  Before this switch to Unified Messaging, it always forwarded to the home number and then to voice mail if no one picks up.  Now, after we call forward to the home number from the business number and dial the business number, you do not hear our outgoing message on the home number.  What you now hear is the message about entering your phone number and your PIN.  It's the same message you would get before the new voicemail was set up (as if the home number has not set up the voicemail).  Is there a setting to change with this new Unified Messaging at home or is there a way to fix this?  Thank you.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Is this Legacy Line available for a business line? We have moved our business and Uverser is no longer available to us so we just have analog phone lines. I'd like to be able to call into a number to forward our calls to different people in our company, but can't seem to do that remotely from my cell. Is there any way to do this?

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Who do I contact to enable this option?  I need a phone number because my telephone internet account is not accessible due to a password problem.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

4 years ago

Please keep everything in your original topic, found here

Tutor

• 

33 Messages

11 months ago

What is the special access number ?

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

11 months ago

@smayo44 This was answered in the other topic you posted in Found here

Can someone close this topic please? It's really an information topic started by AT&T six years ago.

(edited)

1 Message

7 months ago

There really should be some way to look up the special access number and pin required for activating remote call forwarding!  This topic is still important to those still have legacy copper wire landline home telephone service.  No one at customer service is able to help with this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.