Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
BlitheSpirit's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 3rd, 2015 2:19 PM

AT&T "Landline" service

Is true copper wire AT&T landline service being offered or is it actually only "wireless" or Internet dependent U-verse voice connected phone service?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

9 years ago

@BlitheSpirit wrote:

Is true copper wire AT&T landline service being offered or is it actually only "wireless" or Internet dependent U-verse voice connected phone service?

What is offered depends largely on where you live.  Some people are not in an AT&T wired service area and can only received AT&T wireless.  Some live at the extremes of AT&T wired service and may find out they're better served by an AT&T wireless product.  Some live in areas served by copper wire from the Central Office.  Some live in areas service by copper wire from a neighborhood VRAD or IRAD.  Some lucky souls receive service from AT&T via fiber to their home.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@BlitheSpirit wrote:

ATT has gotten approval to shut down POTS landline service next year in a number of states (MI included here) and they'll price everyone else out the service as they want to end POTS. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks JefferMC. Please let me rephrase my question as follows:

“If an ATT U-verse Internet customer were to order a stand-alone at&t wired, ‘Landline,’ home phone to function independently of any at&t Internet connection - would at&t be obliged to disclose to that customer that ‘POTS” defined at&t installations were no longer available or being offered in that customer’s residential area?”

(ANSWER: In my experience, based upon my contacts with several at&t agents - specifically relevant to my order - obviously not.)

I managed to cancel my at&t ‘landline’ order before the scheduled installation.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.