For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.
Anonymous Call Rejection (*77) – Traditional Landline
Anonymous Call Rejection* (*77) – Traditional Landline
Anonymous Call Rejection* (*77) intercepts calls from people who have used a blocking feature to prevent their name or number from being provided to people they call. When Anonymous Call Rejection is activated, callers hear a message telling them to hang up, unblock delivery of their phone number and call again. Your phone will not ring unless the caller removes the block.
Turn On Anonymous Call Rejection
Pick up the phone and press *77
Turn Off Anonymous Call Rejection
Pick up the phone and press *87
Things to know
- Anonymous Call Rejection stays on until you turn it off.
- If a call comes in from a private number on your Personalized Ring or Selective Call Forwarding list, the call will be accepted.
- Anonymous Call Rejection does not intercept calls that display as Unknown or Out-of-Area on the Caller ID. These designations usually mean that the call originated in an area in which Caller ID is not available.
- Anonymous Call Rejection does not block Operator Assisted incoming calls.
- Caller ID is required in some areas.
* - Not available in all areas.
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp