D

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, August 13th, 2020 8:46 PM

A live person for home phone call forwarding questions

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem my sister had with her home phone regarding call forwarding.  I understand there is a star code for call forwarding for busy signals, and a star code for call forwarding for no answers.  Is there a star code for call forwarding when you have picked up your phone to call out and a call comes in (Neither busy nor no answer)?  I would like to actually speak to someone in ATT who has a significant level of understanding  about how this stuff works, not just the front line phone response people.  How do I reach someone like that at ATT?

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

4 years ago

I doubt you're going to get what you're looking for.  To reach someone call the main number 800-288-2020 at the voice prompt say tech support and if needed after that say agent or representative repeatedly until you get someone.  How these features work will also be dependent on your voicemail and how it's set up.

.If you have voicemail those who call aren't going to get a busy, it will go to voicemail

.If your voicemail is set to answer before the ring no answer forwards it will go to voicemail.

.If you're on the phone it changes nothing with the first two options.

.If you turn the voicemail off and

.You are on the phone the busy call forward comes into play

.You let it ring the call forward no answer comes into play

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the reply.  The challenge is that the home phone was apparently inadvertently forwarded to another phone, but it only happened to ring that number sporadically, and the explanation that we got was that is was only happening when she was dialing out at the same time as a call was coming in.  It seems like a stretch of an explanation to me, but I don't have a better one.  

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

4 years ago

How do you "inadvertently" forward a number? You have to physically put the code to forward in than you have to physically put the number in.  As far as it only happening when they were in the actual act of dialing out, one that would be quite rare, unless they get and make a ton of calls.  Can't answer that one as something would have to take place during the dialing process to disable other options for that time period, like voicemail or other normal operations like call waiting and I'm not buying that. 

(edited)

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

4 years ago

Might  be time for this

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.