Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
EricH_TX

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

Fri, Sep 11, 2020 8:00 PM

WebEx call in difficulty

I entered this question on 8/21, received reply from @ATTHelp that they would look into it, I checked it every few days, asked for update a week later, a week after that it was simply deleted without explanation and the link no longer works. https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-phone-features/webex-participant-codes-not-accepted-from-land-line-phone-after-leader-starts-meeting/5f401ad635f40c1becc3316e

Here is my question again please assist thank you!

WebEx support said this was a problem on my side and said I should open a problem with AT&T.   WebEx other users told me they have heard of this and AT&T can "adjust my router" to change/adjust the tones and fix this problem.  I have AT&T Uverse Phone service.

This is the issue:

If I call before a WebEx meeting opens via Land Line or Mobile Phone.. this happens every time... it says press leader code or #. so I press # and wait. When the leader starts the meeting I see the webex starting up via link I used on my PC. It then I hear on my phone instructions to enter my attendee/participant ID and if I don't know it just press #. I try to press my participant ID that I am given on the PC screen, it doesn't work. I then try anything including just #, nothing works it wont accept my ID number or even just # or anything.. so I sit and wait and eventually it throws me in the call as a dial-in not knowing who I am. This happens every time I join a WebEx that the leader has yet to start the meeting. This has been going on since we started using WebEx over 6 months ago I believe. To add - the problem I am explaining happens no matter who's meeting I am calling into. No matter what time of day. No matter what WebEx access number is used, e.g. different customers have different access numbers.  This also happened often with 888-426-6840 AT&T teleconferencing.  Tickets I opened to AT&T were never resolved.  Now that we commonly use WebEx I have the problem EVERY TIME, other users said that AT&T could "adjust the tones via my router" and fix the problem. 

If I call in when the meeting started already.. then no problem I type my participant code/attendee ID and it works and WebEx knows who I am and I have no problems.  My problem is only if first I must want for the host, then after the host joins I attempt to type in my attendee number it won't accept it.

If I have WebEx call me it works flawlessly other than my company sends notes to not use it due to cost.  Cell has happened before but the problem is not consistent when using my cell.  Land line its consistent and every time.  Different land physical phones and wires I have tried, it only happens dialing into WebEx.. never personal bank or any other call tree.

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.8K Messages

2 months ago

I have no idea why your previous topic was removed.  From your description I still think the trouble is with WEBEX and not you.  If it were your phone or phone line it would happen all the time, not just when using the WEBEX system a particular way.  Also your phone wouldn't work with any system that required touch tones for access.  I think you're wasting your time trying to put the problem in your phone or phone line.

I would look for known problems using WEBEX like this one.   

(edited)

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
EricH_TX

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

2 months ago

Spoom2, But I mentioned it happens often with AT&T Teleconference  888-426-6840 also.  That isn’t Webex.  Also that Webex told me to go to AT&T.   Finally also that several co workers told me they had the same problem and called AT&T and had them "adjust line settings, maybe in your router".   That is why I am giving this a try. 

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.8K Messages

2 months ago

Posting on the user forums won't get your issue addressed, you'll need to work with repair service. There is nothing to adjust in the equipment on your end that would change the TT frequencies, which are a combination of frequencies.  Like i said in your previous topic once connection is established the tones are generated from the phone or other tone generating equipment.  So work with repair service and good luck. My 40 plus years in telecom tells me this is a WEBEX problem.

(edited)

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.8K Messages

a month ago

LinkLink 2, Link3

the above links were just a few using google. 

EricH_TX

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

a month ago

Thanks for the search.  Unfortunately none of the links apply to my issue.  *6 works fine.  I am on home line not a PBX of any kind.  etc   My cell works but UVERSE home doesn't.   These are a few reasons why WebEx says its not their problem.

Edit: also I have tried both "local" and toll free USA access numbers, same issue.

(edited)

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.8K Messages

a month ago

@EricH_TX That was just an example it was not meant to provide a solution to your problem.  WebX has many TT problems it's up to you to search them.  I'm just beating a dead horse so this is my last post on the subject.  Anyway you look at it this is not a home phone problem. 

Get started...

Ask a new question