walt_ruben's profile

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 27th, 2022 12:55 PM

Utility boxes and lease / easement

We need help with an old easement being removed and or understand more about it.    A couple smaller boxes are ground mounted here and they are old.    There is no att maintenance done here like lawn mowing or anything.   

trying to understand more about it and either having it removed.

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

2 years ago

See this topic Just because you don't see activity doesn't mean it's not in use, or has service going through it.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Trying to get information from ATT on the exact property detail and easement as it’s been not been maintained and I am looking to understand if it still being actually used.   

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

2 years ago

As the link provided states, easements are controlled by your local governing authority. Easements aren't maintained by AT&T or any other utility, they are maintained by the property owner. Unless you're talking more than just a utility easement.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

A box is on my land, I have bought from my parent 21 years ago. Am I supposed to be collecting money? 

Can I have the box removed?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

Am I supposed to be collecting money? 

Can I have the box removed?

no to both questions

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

the original owner of the property or house agreed to allow it for a 1 time payment and it stays for life until at&t abandons the easement regardless if the house or property changes ownership

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

We just bought a property. There's a small driveway to some AT&T boxes. I saw an AT&T truck the other day on it. 

The title company found no easement and the county has no record of any easement. 

I don't know how to proceed. We would prefer it not be there and we can find no record that it has the right to be from any source. AT&T is unresponsive. 

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

2 years ago

You say some boxes. Got pictures? They don't put their facilities just randomly on someone's land. There's either an easement or they own the land the boxes sit on. 

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Both the county and the title company say they have no easement and that, per our deed we own the land totally and outright. I took the stance you have. Our issue is that they used the only available driveway cut for our land and we need it. A survey that we had done shows that it is our land. We have gone to every available resource and every available resource is saying that they did not get permission to be there. Or if they ever did get permission from anybody to be there that they never recorded it.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

2 years ago

It would be unusual that your local taxing authority (county) would not want to take an active interest in the situation if a utility is outside of the easement and is blatantly encroaching on private property.

Have you asked them about what direction to take this?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.