Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
L

• 

1 Message

Wed, Apr 14, 2021 7:46 PM

Trying to register old cordless phone to new base - model TL96423

Our base died after a lightening strike. We purchased a new base that came with 4 cordless handsets, but can accept up to12.  I had 4 working cordless handsets from the old base and I was told they can be re-registered to the new base.

The new base works with the four new cordless handsets. I was able to register the new handsets fine, but I cannot register the old handsets. I have even tried deregistering and reregistering the new handsets so I can add the old ones, but the old handsets continue to say "Out of range OR Base no power" which I assume means the old handsets are still registered with the old, dead base. Is there a code I can enter to deregister my old handsets (Model #TL96423) so I can register them to my new base?

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

10.8K Messages

1 m ago

They are still registered to the old base, to register them to the new base you'll need to force a deregister of all 4 individually.  You can use one of the three proven methods to force a deregister of a handset once deregistered register them to the new base by following the instructions in your users manual. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

26.8K Messages

1 m ago

Hmm, I would double check the amount of phones it can handle.

TL96X73_CIB_i4.0_20150512.pdf (vtp-media.com)

Your new AT&T TL96273/TL96323/TL96373/TL96423/TL96473 telephone 
system with Bluetooth wireless technology has the following features:
Pair up to four Bluetooth enabled devices (cell phones or headsets) with 
the telephone base.
Connect a maximum of two cell phones to make and receive cell calls. Both 
cell phones can be active on a call at a time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

26.8K Messages

1 m ago

Pardon, I see that is for other phone types to connect. For the expansion are the old phones "AT&T model TL90073"? If not then the issue would be they are not compatible.

You can buy additional expansion handsets (AT&T model TL90073, sold 
separately) for this telephone system. You can register up to 12 handsets to the 
telephone base

(edited)

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

10.8K Messages

1 m ago

I read it as they bought the same model base so in that case compatibility wouldn't be an issue.  

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

26.8K Messages

1 m ago

I could read it as being the same model or not, which is why I asked. If the same then I agree they just need to force the deregistration. But if they are not the same, then they 'might' have to get new additional handsets if they want more than 4 connected.

Get started...

Ask a new question