T

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, January 12th, 2021 10:39 PM

Closed

How do I reset my previous TL86103 phone system?

Bought a new TL86103 phone system to replace my previous one and would like to use the old handsets and register them to the new base.  How do I reset my old phones?   They show out of range or base no power.  Thank you.

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

See this link for three member proven methods to force a deregistration of a handset. 

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for the info.  For some reason it will not give me the menu to unregister the phone.

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

You're not looking for a menu in all cases, just follow the steps in the link provided. 

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I found out what to do.  You press the hold button until it ask you if you want to unregister all devices and select yes.

Thank you for your time.  

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Hold from the base of the phone

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

quote:

I found out what to do.  You press the hold button until it ask you if you want to unregister all devices and select yes.

Thank you for your time. 

No that's to deregister phones register to that base, not the ones that aren't, once again follow the instructions given.

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, did you manage to reset it?

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I did.  I ended up calling AT&T and they walked me through it.  They were very helpful.  I had to unregister all the devices and add them back on.

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

There's two separate issues going on here.  The first is how to unregister an orphaned (no or un-working base unit) which is what the link provided gives you.  The other is the unregistering handsets from a working base unit.  It's two totally different issues and processes.  For that reason I'm closing this topic to further posting. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.