N

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, September 3rd, 2020 6:14 PM

Closed

Requesting help to relocate AT&T telecomm box in the middle of my yard.

All of the other AT&T telecomm boxes in my neighborhood are directly in between properties, but mine is smack dab in the middle of what should be an RV parking spot. Who can I speak to about relocating this box about 10 feet in order to free up my second driveway spot? Thanks in advance!

Constructive

Employee

• 

30.4K Messages

2 years ago

if theres an easement it wont likely be moved, if they do move it you will be required to pay for relocation, last job i wrote to move a box about 15 feet was a hair over 10K billed to the homeowner

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Sounds like a no-win situation. Good to know and thank you for the reply. 

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Is there any explanation why a job like that would be so extraordinarily expensive? Is it simply because they don't WANT to move it, so the high price tag discourages anyone from ever doing so? I can't imagine that it's a very labor-intensive job...

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

2 years ago

It is quite labor intense splices have to be made to extend the cable to the new location, which includes putting weather resistant encapsulant or a water tight case in two locations and  a new loop for the terminal.  If there is no service out of it they might splice it and weather proof it, but usually if there's a terminal it means they want access to it. 

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Fair enough, but $10K still seems pretty steep. This isn't underwater welding, after all.

Constructive

Employee

• 

30.4K Messages

2 years ago

On top of that there is a new easement required. Permits. Then hire a dig crew to dig and re bury. Then the material 

Constructive

Employee

• 

30.4K Messages

2 years ago

Well it was in California but it may be cheaper where you are but the permit alone was 3500 

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

2 years ago

The costs *are* steep, and it helps to explain what a good chunk of your payments go towards. The infrastructure is expensive to maintain and making changes to it aren't cheap.

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

The last tech left a J-mount that changed into 2" outdoor diamter for an example.  What if I weld all or part of that onto the pinnacle of the 2" pole?  I am no longer an expert on this, simply looking to make all of it work.  Read more about it.

(edited)

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

2 years ago

J mount for what?  2" pole sounds more like for a satellite dish than something for phone service.   What's this have to do with relocating a phone company terminal?

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.