mb1280's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, July 3rd, 2021 2:14 AM

Pedestal covers are left ajar

I'm in a townhouse, with two POTS pedestals near each other (one on the side of the building, the other in the yard).

I have noticed that they usually leave the pedestal covers ajar.  Why?  This looks bad.  Is it because the locking mechanism becomes uneasy to use after time?  

However, the tech who was here a couple of days ago put it back on properly, so I see it can be done (but the other one was left ajar - I was able to make it "less" ajar, but it had these silver circle things that looked like they blocked a proper closure).

Is being ajar ok, because maybe the elements don't affect what's inside?  (I think they said that last time I asked).  They look bad, though.

If the covers are hard to put back on, why not make a retrofit that makes that easier?

People seem to leave them alone, so a lock is not necessary.

It seems like they just need a clamp of some kind, so that the cover can be flush, and then a single clamp can keep the cover in place.

If the pedestals looked good, that would be better for business.

I see that the ones on the ground get shifted away from level, due to the freezing and thawing process, but that's acceptable.

Also, maybe the rust spots could be spot painted with the same green color, to make them look better.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

2 years ago

They aren't going to fix them for looks, but the covers should fit, unless they're bent up or damaged so they won't fit. There's a few different types but most just slide into a slot and then the bolt is either tightened or some are half a turn to lock or unlock.  In any case if you're concerned about them contact the buried wire group by clicking this link  

(edited)

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for the info!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.