Weecosse's profile

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, October 22nd, 2020 2:31 PM

Model CL82407 Does Not Ring

My Model CL82407 phone does not ring when it is called. Unfortunately, I cannot find a solution in the user manual.

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

3 years ago

Have you check the ringer setting to make sure it's not turned off and the volume is turned up?  Page 17 of manual found here.

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

spoom2, thank you for your response. I checked my ringer to ensure that I had the volume turned up but the phone still fails to ring when called. Calls are going straight to the message function.

Best regards,

Weecosse

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

3 years ago

Going to what message function?  The phone systems answering machine or the phone companies voicemail?

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

3 years ago

Page 29 quite mode? According to the manual it will say quite mode on the phones if activated. Also the system has smart call blocker, have you activated something there?

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

spoom2, they are indeed going to message function. I have call blocker on but I use that only for specific callers.

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

3 years ago

Going to what message function?  The phone systems answering machine or the phone companies voicemail?

I'll ask once more.  What message function?

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

spoom2, apologies; they are going directly to my voice mail. 

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

3 years ago

OK when you say voicemail that's the phone company.  So you've done something to activate a feature on the phone service. 

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

I have voice mail service with my provider but I didn't think that it would stop my phone from ringing.

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

3 years ago

Yes, if you've done something to tell calls to go directly to voicemail.  Once sure way to tell unplug your phone from the phone service, call your number and see if it still goes directly to voicemail.  That will tell you for sure if it's the phone or the service so you can narrow down what to look for and where to look. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.