Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
D

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Apr 16, 2021 7:29 PM

Making a call

When I try to dial out on my AT&T 5 handset cordless phone I keep getting a recording saying I... "don't need to dial a 1 when calling this number". Problem is, I,M NOT DIALING A 1!  Is there an automatic feature on the phone settings causing this?

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

10.8K Messages

1 m ago

Are you manually dialing, as in getting dial tone and then dialing? Have you tried another phone, not another handset but another phone preferably corded?  What service are you using and what model is the phone?

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

1 m ago

Yes, manually dialing. I don't have another phone to try but our service is with AT&T

• 

4 Messages

1 m ago

phone model is TL96477

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

10.8K Messages

1 m ago

If this is digital service try resetting the modem.  You can't borrow from a friend or neighbor a corded phone they may have laying around?  If not there's very cheap ones at Walmart. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

1 m ago

Its a standard AT&T landline. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll do a little more research

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

10.8K Messages

1 m ago

If you can't test with another phone I'm not sure how you're going to prove the trouble to the phone company or your current phone.  I find nothing in the users manual to make the phone dial any preset digits when used manually. 

Get started...

Ask a new question