Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 6:29 PM

Long distance issues

I am trying to find out who to call to get my long distance to work properly. The repair men that are sent to repair the outside lines cannot fix this problem. I can dial and receive local calls but not long distance. There are no blocks on my phone. This happens randomly and I have had multiple visits for repair. The last repairman was extremely nice and explained that this is not an outside line issue. We were already aware of that because my husband has worked for telephone company for over 23 years but it is not AT&T.  It has to do with the long distance exchange which is an office issue. I was advised by the person I spoke with at the 800 number to dial 611 and it won’t even go thru. Any suggestions? 

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.7K Messages

a month ago

First who is your long distance provider and are you receiving a bill from them? 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

My long distance carrier is AT&T.  I have called multiple times for repair, whether it is because the phone isn’t working at all, noisy every time it rains and long distance issues. The customer service people are usually nice but just not very helpful. I explain each time that I am transferred to the repairs dept that we know the repairs are not within the lines in our home and I have explained about the long distance issue not being an outside line issue. I don’t think they understand and they send a repairman to check the lines. It’s a waste of the lineman’s time and mine because I just have to call back again. 

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.7K Messages

a month ago

I would be sure who your long distance is connected to, not just take their word for it dial 1-700-555-4141 and it will announce who your LD carrier is. If it is AT&T call long distance repair service not the customer service number at 1-800-222-0300

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

25 days ago

Thank you. I checked and it is AT&T. I will call them again.

Get started...

Ask a new question