For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
S

• 

3 Messages

Friday, June 25th, 2021 7:20 PM

Large green Telecommunication Box

We bought a condo in Dunedin FL and have a large rectangular green box on our patio that says ´Telecommunications´on it.   I have not seen anybody access it since we have moved in.  Also, there is a wasp nest in it.  What does that box do and can it be removed? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

3 years ago

That probably holds terminals for either CATV or telephony for your entire building, I can't be sure which.  If it were to magically disappear, the residents in your building would lose some services, either CATV, Internet, telephone.

I can tell you with fair certainty that AT&T doesn't own that box.  The incumbent local exchange carrier for your area is Frontier Florida LLC.  So it's owned by either Frontier or your local CATV company.

Your local CATV company, according to broadband now is Spectrum.  

So you can contact those two companies and ask about it.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

3 years ago

It apparently houses wasps and generates questions.

A picture, perhaps?

Condo management/association any help?

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, thanks for the reply.  HOA rep is not sure what that box is for.  Here is the eyesore....

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you so very much. We will contact Spectrum first. Have a great weekend

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

We have returned to our house and found a green box installed in our garden.  Where can I found out about this?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

2 years ago

@smyrna65 if the box looks like the one pictured above, contact your local cable company.  If it's a different shape, or has the AT&T name or logo on it, let us know that.  Post a picture, perhaps.

But, please, keep it all in one thread.  I just saw that you've started a new thread.  Stay there.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.