AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
S

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Sep 16, 2020 6:25 PM

Land Line Number Transferred to Cellphone, now no landline calls come through

We recently bought a new phone for my son and upgraded to the five-line package since there were additional discounts getting five lines. Transferred SIM card from my son's new phone to an iPhone 7 that was my daughters in order to have the new "home" phone be an iPhone 7 phone. The problem is whenever someone calls us from a landline, the number will not come through on the cellphone. Prior to changing the home number to a cell number, we used MagicJack for our landline. For whatever reason, landline calls still are going through MagicJack instead of coming through to the cellphone. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Is it an AT&T issue or a MagicJack issue? 

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.8K Messages

a month ago

You might call your iPhone a home phone, but it's not.  Did you ask AT&T to port your MJ number to your cell phone?  It can't happen on it's own and not all numbers can be ported. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

Thanks spoom2! I did set it up with AT&T technical support but I think I’m going to call again for more help. Obviously something isn’t correct. 

Get started...

Ask a new question