B

• 

3 Messages

Friday, April 9th, 2021 5:37 PM

is there no e-mail box to report damage to ATT phone boxes

is there no e-mail box to report damage to ATT phone boxes that are seen along the road.  I have dozens in a list and don't want to spend all day on the phone when i can just type them out and submit them.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

There is no email or website to report them you'll need to call the buried wire group

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

seems like they want to make it difficult so they don't have to do the work and just let the system degrade.

Mentor

• 

100 Messages

3 years ago

Kind of ridiculous, I just took a picture of a damaged box I saw when I went for a walk, but there is no email to forward the pictures to, nor a site to upload the pictures.

This Box is  between 485 Imperial Beach Blvd and the next bus stop West of that address. I reported this on the phone and got a ticket #, but I think a picture would explain the problem better.

This was either hit by a car or damaged on purpose by local vandals.

(edited)

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

That just looks like the lid needs put back on, don't know what's holding it up, my guess sloppy splicing techniques. 

Mentor

• 

100 Messages

3 years ago

It was perfectly fine a week earlier, somebody hit that box or unscrewed the top on purpose,

Also there is a bundle of cables hanging out on the back. 

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

Also there is a bundle of cables hanging out on the back.

Which explains why it won't go down. I don't think it was hit, I think the top was removed and not correctly replaced, either by a tech or maybe even a kid. 

Mentor

• 

100 Messages

3 years ago

Probably a kid, there are many cases of vandalism in the area, even hitting and damaging the new lights that were recently installed on the new sidewalk.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.