The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
P

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Nov 26, 2021 9:14 AM

Is my phone system trashed?

Just yesterday, my ATT 29385 3 phone Speakerphone started displaying the message "no line" on all three handsets. Am I in the market for new phones?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

2 m ago

Troubleshoot first. Check to make sure the phone line between base and phone jack is secure on both ends. Try another phone cord, jack, or even another phone if available. That way you can narrow down where the problem is.

If that doesn't work, then through internet or calling from another line contact AT&T so they can troubleshoot from their end to see if it might be the line itself and not the phone.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

13.8K Messages

2 m ago

Traditional landline? If so check from the NID with a known working corded phone. If still bad report to the phone company. If digital service try resetting the move.

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

Spoom, that worked. It's VoIP; I unplugged the power cord at the base unit, waited a minute, then plugged it back in. Sure enough, my dial tone returned. Thanks.

Now, have you any idea why the system decided to just go belly up like that for no  reason that I can tell?

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

13.8K Messages

2 m ago

First did you power down your phone systems base unit or did you power down the modem?  I'm betting the modem and what that does is cause everything to sync back up. 

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

No, spoom, all I did was unplug the phone base unit, let it sit for about a minute, and plug it back in. I never touched the modem.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

13.8K Messages

2 m ago

Thanks for letting us know.  I would have thought resetting the modem would have been the solution. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.