Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

• 

1 Message

Fri, May 29, 2020 8:14 PM

How can I protect my mother's land line phone from fraudulent and scam calls?

I manage my elderly mother's AT&T land line telephone account. She lives in an assisted living community in Tennessee. She can successfully call family members and successfully answer incoming calls, but she cannot operate the answering device nor screen incoming calls, and she cannot reliably discriminate between legitimate phone calls and fraudulent scam/phishing calls. Her telephone number has always been regisered on the national do not call registry. I am seeking a solution to restrict or at least reduce incoming calls so that only specific telephone numbers can call her telephone.

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

7.4K Messages

a month ago

If you want only calls she knows getting to her your want a service with a white list. There are blocking devices and phones that have built in white list, just search for phones with call blocking if you choose a phone.

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question