Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Feb 21, 2017 3:20 PM

Home phone out for 5 days now

Friday called at for repair to landline. They said would be here by 6pm Sunday. When they didn't show, phone still.no dial tone. I went online,Sunday night, this time as their office s were closed. There was NO TROUBLE REPORT TO CHECK STATUS! I HAD TO START ONCE AGAIN. Make another report. Monday morning I call get a repair rep which says oh yes he will be there by 6pm. So I waited..NEVER SHOWED. I can't call as offices closed. So online I check status, wow he showed and the ticket was cleared at 12:40 bull....t he was never here so I disbute the repair and have to make a new report which won't be until friday by 6pm. YA I BELIEVE THAT. THEN THE SITE SHOWS ME HOW TO CHECK TO SEE IF IT IS OUTSIDE(ATT) OR INSIDE (MY RESPONSIBILITY) WELL OF COURSE THIS LINE FROM THE POLE IS NOT WORKING. SO SOME TECH IS GETTING PAID EACH TIME HE DOESNT COME FIX IT. MY PARENTS ARE 78 YRS OLD THEY DEPEND ON THIS PHONE. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS HAPPEN HOW DID YOU GET HELP. I GUESS THE BETTER BUSINESS AND ELDERLY ABUSE WHICH IT IS ILL CONTACT NOW

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

8.5K Messages

2 years ago

Have you verified power to the modem and/or reset the modem to see if it helps.

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

134K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @Robertsdaughter,

We are sorry for your inconvenience.  This link gives a video of how you can troubleshoot problems on your home phone inside, in case there is internal interference.  You can also report an issue right away from this site in case inside troubleshooting does not solve your issue. 

-ATTU-verseCare 

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My husband is a disabled veteran with a life alert system that operates with our land line.  I call AT&T about our service being out and was informed that a tech would not be available for five days. I ask the tech if there’s any one available for emergency services him answer was, no. 

I Spent over an hour on the phone trying to set assistance to have service restored . I think my main problem is the u-verse box not working. I even offered to pickup a box from a near by technician the reply “ you can’t “.  

at&t has the worst customer service. I don’t know what can be done but I am truly upset . That even in emergency situations there’s nothing in place .

Get started...

Ask a new question