FastEddieB's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Jun 23, 2017 5:49 PM

Closed

Guide Wire Removal

We have a pole in our yard. Attached to the pole are 4 separate guide wires going to the ground for support. One of the guide wire is in the way of our driveway expansion. We had some Utility workers in our neighborhood preparing for some upcoming work. I asked them if they would evaluate my situation. They didn't see why it couldn't be removed. Based on where it is attached to the pole, they said it was an AT&T guide wire and we would have to call AT&T. How can arrange for someone from AT&T to come out and advise us where this can be relocated / or if it can be removed?

Thanks in advance for any help,

FastEddieB

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.5K Messages

5 y مضت

On the right side of the page is a link called "Report Line or Pole Issues" I'd start there. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y مضت

4 live people, 3 automated calls, 2 disconnections and 1 hour I'll never get back...

No luck. The only thing I got from all that was that we would have to have an Engineer come out an evaluate our situation.

Anyone know an easy way to get on an Engineer's  schedule?

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.5K Messages

5 y مضت

Not knowing what number you called the listed number for drooping lines and equipment issues is 800-288-2020.  If this is the number you tried than AT&T needs to replace or correct the link for these type problems. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y مضت

It was and they do. Everyone I spoke with had good intentions but no direction.

Thanks for all your help so far...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y مضت

IMG_1083.JPGIMG_1084.JPGIMG_1080.JPGIMG_1076.JPG

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.4K Messages

5 y مضت

looking at these pictures i think your outta luck and that guy wire needs to be there, but then again im not an engineer

• 

1 Message

3 m مضت

AT&T could easily install one of these to shorten the guy wire. It’s called a sidewalk guy. I know this  post is old but for anyone else that runs into this, we can fix it. That said, it’d probably have to go through engineering, have a job drawn up, schedule Julie locates & they’ll have to screw a new anchor in closer to the pole & use the setup pictured above. 
spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.5K Messages

3 m مضت

5 year old topic, I'm sure the issue has been resolved or the request was denied. Closing to further posting. 

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.