Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Oct 5, 2016 9:08 PM

Getting rid of an old abandoned Southwestern Bell / AT&T Pedestal removed from back yard

Howdy!  I have a very very old abandoned AT&T phone pedestal in my back yard that I would like to have taken out.  It has been open with exposed wires since I bought the house in 2007.  It looks completely rusted out.  There's no way this thing can be functional.  Nobody has ever asked to have access to it (I have dogs).  There's a very new and very sophisticated looking one right over my fence that is in a church parking lot.  This one looks like it's from the 70's and has a very faded but still legible Southwestern Bell sticker on it.  I remember back in the day when AT&T bought them out.  Please help.  Thanks! 

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

9.1K Messages

4 years ago

Actually it was SWB that bought out AT&T.  As far as the pedestal goes, just because the lid was left off doesn't mean there's no working pairs in it.  You'd have to contact AT&T and request they come out, tell them you're concerned about service due to the lid being off, or better yet tell them your concerned about your kids/animals being injured due to the unsafe nature of the pedestal. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you do much for the reply!! Do I just call my local AT&T office?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you do much for the reply!! Do I just call my local AT&T office?
spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

9.1K Messages

4 years ago

You'll have to go through a lot of prompts and hype if you call the repair number.  I'd PM an administror on this forum and see if they can point you in the right direction. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question