MilestoneDevelopment's profile

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jun 6, 2022 9:12 PM

Easement - Indiana

We are attempting to purchase property in Indiana on which there is a blanket telephone easement dated in 1936.  There don't appear to be any telephone lines running across the property.  Who can I reach out to about this easement to have it removed?

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

15.6K Messages

Il y a 19 d

The local taxing authority (property tax) controls the size and placement of easements, that's also who you'd go to for the forms needed for release of easement. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.9K Messages

Il y a 19 d

your city/county government, they issue and manage easements. also the lines could possibly be buried and still active, it may not have the 1936 cables there but they certainly could have updated them through the years

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 3 d

The City's administration requires that I provide an easement release form for this issue.  I've yet to find an attorney who will write up a form and allow anyone other than an authorized AT&T representative sign off on it.

This land purchase cannot move forward without a reduction or removal of the easement.  I need to speak with someone about having it removed.  Who do I contact.  I've reached out to five different AT&T phone numbers in the past hour and no one seems to know whom I should be speaking with.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

15.6K Messages

Il y a 3 d

You might have better luck in the business forum you'll need to register in that forum to open a topic. Engineering is under "business apps and solutions"

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.