G

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 2:52 AM

CLP99483 model hand set is saying "Out of range or no power at base". Is there a way to a way to get it to work with my base?

I have CLP99453 set (base and 4 hand sets). The setup is working fine. I just got a 5th hand set (Model CLP99483, not CLP99453). This 5th hand set is saying "Out of range or no power at base". First, is this hand set compatible with the setup I have? If it is, how I can register it to the base and use it as my 5th hand set? Thanks in advance.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

15.6K Messages

9 m ago

That's the base unit, not the handset.  Handset model is most likely under the battery.  Per page 123 of the manual for CLP99XX3 the handsets for the base unit are  CLP99003 handset manual If you have the correct handset it maybe registered to another base unit.  To force a deregister of the handset see this topic

• 

5 Messages

9 m ago

Thanks for trying to help... I confirmed that the model number under the battery is CLP99483 and the model number under the base unit is CLP99453. When I push various buttons on the hand set nothing changes on the screen. The message "Out of range or no power at base" is still there. I tried one more thing... I unplugged the battery from the hand set and plugged it back after a minute. I noticed the message "Put HS on base to power base" alternating with the Out of range message back and forth. Still pushing various buttons on the HS doesn't do anything. This is very strange!

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

15.6K Messages

9 m ago

Did you do any of the steps to force a deregister? 

Also if you look at the manual I linked you'll see that CLP99483 is the phone system, not just the handset.

What model are your other handsets showing? 

• 

5 Messages

9 m ago

My phone base and four hand sets have labels saying CLP99453. My 5th HS (the one I am trying to deregister/register) label is saying CLP99483.

I am not able to follow the steps outlined here because I am not able to see anything other than the usual Out of range message when I press the buttons on the HS. I don't see the "Menu" option on the HS. By the way my setup is not connected to any type of land line, because I am using it with my cell phone only. Is connection to a land line (or VoIP service) is necessary for all this deregistration/registartion stuff to work?

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

15.6K Messages

9 m ago

Ignore what the display says, try the steps. No it doesn't have to be hooked up to anything.  If you look at the manual I linked you'll find both system model numbers so there's no reason they shouldn't be compatible.  If you run through all the steps to force a deregister and none work, well you're out of luck, one of them works most all the time. 

(edited)

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

15.6K Messages

9 m ago

I don't see the "Menu" option on the HS

See page 4 of the manual.  You need to read and understand the manual. 

• 

5 Messages

9 m ago

Thank you so much for taking the extra time to help! I tried all THREE codes/methods outlined in this thread (as I ignored what it says on the HS screen). Unfortunately, no luck. I saw that there were others had the same problem and could not deregister their HS. I don't want to waste your time any longer. I just put the HS in the garbage bin. I will live with four HS.

(edited)

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

15.6K Messages

9 m ago

There's 4 total, there's a variation to method one that was added, it's the last post.  It's rare that one method doesn't work.  Sorry it didn't work for you. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.