Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
D

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Apr 9, 2021 3:14 PM

CL84107 Auto-Dial from Directory

I am trying to program the phone number for Zoom (646-558-8656) into the directory of my CL84107, so I can automatically dial it, since my landline is much more stable than my cell phone at home. However, even though the CL84107 calls the number programmed into the directory, the call never rings, and Zoom never responds. I have tried using and not using the "1" before the area code, but neither version of the number works. I also tried adding a pause between the first digit "1" and the rest of the phone number, but that version didn't work either.

If I add the same phone number for Zoom into my cell phone for automatic dialing, the call rings fine and Zoom responds almost immediately.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get the CL84107 device to automatically dial Zoom and have the call ring?

Responses

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

1 m ago

Does manually dialing work on the CL84107?  How do you manually dial it (with or without the 1)?

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

1 m ago

Manually dialing works without issue.

I press “1” and then the 10-digit phone number for Zoom. Zoom answers almost immediately, and then it prompts me for the 11-digit participant code, which I enter, followed by pressing “#” twice.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

10.8K Messages

1 m ago

If you can dial it manually then there's something you're doing wrong in your programming, if a 1 is required for manual dialing it will be require in the directory.  When you look at the number you've entered in the directory is it correct? Have you tried speed dial instead and does it work?  Do you have other numbers in your directory that work? Both LD and local?  What phone service are you using?  It's possible your dialing from the directory is too fast for your provider.  To test enter the number into the phone before pushing phone, this will send the number at the same speed as using the directory.  Please answer all questions so we can try to figure out your issue. 

(edited)

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

1 m ago

I tried dialing other phone numbers from the Directory, and it works for other phone numbers both local and long distance, with or without starting with "1".

Also, speed dialing Zoom successfully works, with or without starting with a "1" (i.e., manually entering "16465588656" or "6465588656" and then pressing the green Phone button or Speaker button).

I created two Directory entries, one as "6465588656ppp[11-digit participant code]#p#" and other one as "16465588656ppp[11-digit participant code]#p#". (The "p" is a pause)  I used them both to call Zoom, and, on both of them, the other line doesn't even ring or pickup after the initial ten digits.

Why/how is this phone's Directory-based dialing apparently incompatible with Zoom? It's so frustrating, because I dial into this Zoom account a lot.

Any other troubleshooting you can brainstorm would be much appreciated. Thank you!

(edited)

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

10.8K Messages

1 m ago

Have you tried just putting in the number without the participant code or pauses at the end of the number?  If it works on speed dial it should work from directory and I think it may without the other stuff.  You might try putting the number in the directory and your participant code in speed dial.  Dial the number from directory and when connected push the speed dial with the code, don't know if it will work, but might. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

• 

4 Messages

1 m ago

Yes, Zoom answers if the Directory entry excludes the pauses and participant code. I adjusted the entry to only have one pause after the 10-digit phone number, and Zoom stopped answering. Is U-verse interpreting the pause as another digit? If so, is the landline hardware causing the issue, or would U-verse be exhibiting this behavior with any landline hardware?

The weird part is that, if I use my cell phone (iPhone), clicking on the calendar invitation with the 10-digit phone number plus the pauses and participant code works fine. Unfortunately, my cell phone gets shoddy reception at my house, hence the landline for important work calls.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

10.8K Messages

1 m ago

Your phone is not giving the indication you're done dialing when there's still stored digits to be dialed so the talk path isn't cut through, that's my guess,  that's why I suggested the two step approach.  So it's not the directory, it's the way you're trying to use it. Each pause is about 3 seconds, I have no idea if playing with the number of pauses will work or not, I'd think the 3 seconds would have been enough.  Have you tried staying on the line after using it to see if it did connect, you might just not be hearing it due to the talk path on the phone.  Cell phone transmission and landline be it digital or traditional are not the same as far as how they signal over the service.  

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

10.8K Messages

1 m ago

I tried on my home phone, no talk path until digits are complete. So I'd say the theory is correct. 

Get started...

Ask a new question