Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
A

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Apr 9, 2021 3:03 PM

Cannot Receive Calls on Landline

Cannot receive calls on my old AT&T landline from Comcast customers. They hear one ring, then busy signal. I CAN, however, get calls from cell phone users.  I can also still call out.  Neighbor has been having similar problem.  There is a tree hanging partially over some lines in our area - could that be the cause?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

10.8K Messages

1 m ago

If it's only from certain Comcast customers than those Comcast customers need to report that they can't call whatever area code and exchange is involved, this is a routing problem in comcast. A tree hanging on the line wouldn't cause a problem from only a specific carrier. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

1 m ago

I thought it might be something like that.  I've already called Comcast and spent one entire evening trying to fix it - so far, they have been NO help.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

10.8K Messages

1 m ago

Those who have comcast that are having the problem should be reporting it to them, not you, you're not their customer. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

This is some bull. I have two land lines. One with At & T and the second with comcast.  My at& t line had to be replaced and now my comcast line doesn't.  if it was working before the line replacement why is it not working after.  AT &T did something to my line.  I am so tired of all of them.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

10.8K Messages

1 m ago

Which has what to do with the original topic?  Comcast is out, call comcast no matter who/what caused it. 

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

1 m ago

Update on my original post - finally got a Comcast technician out to the house today. He did not have a clue about how to fix the problem, but agreed that it was most likely due to a local routing problem. I have been bumped up to the 2nd tier tech group at Comcast. We'll see if I hear from them.

Get started...

Ask a new question