Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
G

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Aug 6, 2020 12:04 AM

Can I upgrade my wireless home phone base? I use the ZTE WF721

Hi - I'm having issues with connectivity on my wireless home phone base. Can I upgrade the base to something newer? Is this wireless home phone service still available and supported on newer networks? I've had this phone base for over 4 years.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

2年前

Probably not. The WHP will probably be going away once AT&T shuts down their 3G network as well as 4G devices that don't support VoLTE (HD Voice). The official twilight date is Feb. 2022.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.5K Messages

2年前

You'll need to call, I don't think they have a stand alone voice unit anymore, I'm pretty sure it's voice and Internet. I'm pretty sure the unit you have is 3G, which is going away so sooner or later you'll have to upgrade. 

• 

2 Messages

2年前

Thanks for the responses. I've tried calling AT&T and gave up after being transferred 3 times within 47 minutes. The last person to attempt to help me had a bad connection, since he was offshore, and I couldn't understand what he was telling me other than "I had a problem...".

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.