V

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 31st, 2020 12:35 PM

Am I owed easement compensation over the underground cable?

I've got 20 acres of land than an underground cable for at&t runs across rendering those areas useless for anything....am i owed any type of compensation by the community the underground cable? It was there when i bought the property, but not disclosed that you cannot develop any of those parts with the underground cable...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Constructive

Employee

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

not being disclosed is on your realtor or the realtor representing the selling party

the original owner of the property or house agreed to allow if for a 1 time payment and it stays for life  regardless if it changes ownership, they essentially own that little piece of land which usually includes a 6 foot perimeter around the equipment, its also agreed that at no time can they be denied access to equipment nor a reasonable path to reach the equipment without requiring notice, these easements are backed by easement laws, you would have better luck getting out of a timeshare than getting out of an easement. laws prohibit blocking, tampering, modifying or destroying any telecommunications equipment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.