Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

Sat, Dec 24, 2016 10:52 AM

A phone I would like to see.....

Let's say that one day, A long lost friend or relative decides to call you out of the blue. You become all chatty Kathy with them and lose track of time and realize that you're running late to pick the kids up from school. You really don't want to hang up and you honestly don't have time to go look for a pen and paper to jot their number down. 

Now how many times has that happened to you?

Would it be nice to be able to push a button and hang up the receiver and have that call transferred to your cell?

Basically, I'd like to be able to transfer calls while in progress to my cell without dropping the call. 

Some people will say that it already exists.( The phones with Blue Tooth however that works exactly the opposite. The Blue Tooth phones allow you to have land line phones using your cell number.) Some will even say that will cellular systems the way they are, The landline phone is on it's way out. 

However, There's still the business aspect of it. Many ( Almost every one I've dealt with) Use the good old fashioned style land line. Alot of small businesses can't afford to get those high dollar systems with all those buttons or they simply don't have a need for that many phone lines. 

A small business, a one horse show so to speak, Could answer the phone, transfer the call to the cell and start heading to the customer. The customer would be put on hold for a second or two while the call is transferred and then when it's reanswered from the cell, The customer has no clue that the call was transferred to the cell. They just think that they were placed on hold. This would also allow the original landline to again be open to another call. If it's a bigger company, The same rules would apply however that button would ring another phone. ( Still a buggy idea but, hey, I'm not a tech guy.)

Any ideas??

Responses

No Responses!

Get started...

Ask a new question