A

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Oct 20, 2020 12:26 AM

Zone 3 rip off!

I had 2 landlines for over 10 years. Last month, we decided to get rid of our "home" line because of the need to save money during Covid. I was paying about $186 a month for both lines by using the "ALL DISTANCE" plan on the home line and the "COMPLETE CHOICE INHANCED" on the 2nd line.  My first bill with just one line was $99 which made sense. Today, I get the newest bill and it's $131?  I reviewed the bill and for the first time ever (after reviewing the last 8 months of 2 line bills) I see a charge for "ZONE 3" calls. This added $14.25 to my "new rate".  These Zone 3 calls were for an area about 25 miles from my home. I live in the north end of the San Fernando Valley and the calls were to Burbank and to Beverly Hills.  I make calls all over the Southern California area, such as Santa Monica, Downtown LA, Glendale and many other cities that are FARTHER away than Burbank and Beverly Hills.  Why am I now being charged for these calls when I have NEVER been charged for zone 3 calls in the past?  I cut one line to save money, I'm getting new charges that I've never had before?

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16K Messages

2年前

As you stated, you got rid of your all distance plan.  Here's the plan you kept. 

Terms and Conditions:
Complete Choice® Enhanced: Rate excludes installation charges, taxes, surcharges, subscriber-line (up to $7.50), extended area usage, service charges and Universal Service Fund fee.1 Offer includes access line and 8-11 calling features. Display equipment required for Caller ID and Call Waiting ID. Call Waiting ID requires subscription to Caller ID and Call Waiting. With Caller ID and Call Waiting ID, some call information may be blocked or otherwise not displayed, including information for some calls originating outside of the AT&T network and calls carried over facilities that do not transmit Caller ID information. With Three-Way Calling, Call Forwarding, Speed Calling 8, Call Return, Missed Call Dialing, Call Again and Selective Call Forwarding, local toll/long distance charges may apply, depending on the location of the called parties. Toll or long distance charges may apply to calls forwarded or returned to numbers outside of your service area. In certain California metropolitan areas (ZUM 3), usage charges are incurred for calls that are beyond a customer's local calling area but are not local toll or long distance. Subscription to the AT&T Metro PlanSM will eliminate these ZUM 3 usage charges. The AT&T Metro PlanSM is available at no extra charge to California customers who subscribe to Complete Choice® Enhanced. Availability, rates, terms and conditions are subject to change. All features and services may not be available in all areas or on all calls.

1Charges vary by state. For applicable service charges, fees and surcharges go to: www.att.com/servicepublications
For help with your bill go to: https://www.att.com/help/billing.html

• 

2 Messages

2年前

Thank you for your response and explanation Spoom2. The problem is the complexity of the what you wrote is NOT what was explained clearly when changing plans and eliminating my landline. I said that I needed to find a way to save money especially during this unusual time we are all in. I was told that I could cut my bill in half but I wasn't told about this all the above details. The zone 3 makes little sense to me when I can call Glendale, which is several miles farther away than Burbank, and not incur a Zone 3 charge.  It's going to be hit or miss with this wacky zone 3 and the person I spoke to didn't offer any plan that would get me back to what I had. I'm still confused because I was paying considerably more for my 2nd line than I'm saving by eliminating it.  I want to keep a landline accessible at my home but if I can't find a way with AT&T to reduce my cost, it'll just drop the line and go with my cell as most people are doing these days. I'll take a wild guess the the loss of revenue from cell phones replacing home landlines needs to be made up so "zone 3" fits the bill.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.