Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
L

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Sep 26, 2020 1:29 AM

Who can help me with a complicated billing issue?

Hi, I am an AT&T retiree, and a loyal customer for more than 30 years. 

Back in February of 2018 I moved. I had to disconnect several of my services due to lack of services available at my new address.  I did this through the "concessions" department.  I had Uverse, DirectTV, 2 pots lines, and Digital Life.  One of the disconnect orders for a pots line did not get placed and I was unknowingly continuing to get charged, until the line was finally disconnected in October of 2018 for non-payment.  All of this was happening without my knowledge as the only service I had left was mobility and I was receiving and paying my bill.

Fast forward to now, I am trying to add mobility services to my account, but there is a hold placed on my account for the balance owed from AT&T failing to disconnect one of the pots lines. It is a collection balance of $215.93, which I refuse to pay since this was AT&T's error.  However, I have made several phone calls over the past few days, spent more than 6 hours on the phone, been transferred at least 10 times and I was told by a representative yesterday that she would escalate this issue and get back to me and no one has. 

I have spoken to Concessions, Accounts Receivable, Billing and Concessions again yesterday. I spoke to Concessions again today (after a 30 minute hold to get a representative) who transferred me somewhere I waited on hold for ANOTHER 45 minutes and was disconnected.  

I am BEYOND frustrated. Can someone please help me??????

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

43K Messages

a month ago

This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support, so no one here can do anything. You can escalate the issue to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

21 days ago

Thank you for your suggestions.

Get started...

Ask a new question