LeeLeeP193's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 31st, 2022 1:16 PM

Upgraded to Fiber but Still Being Billed for Landline and DSL

Hi, I hope someone can suggest how best to handle this. I had a landline phone and DSL with AT&T for many years. When my DSL went out and the tech could not fix it I upgraded to fiber. Since I was hardly using the services anymore and have difficulty hearing on the phone we decided to put the new fiber service in my daughter's name, she lives with me and is my caregiver, that way she can take care of any issues that might arise. When this was set up we made sure they understood to cancel the landline and when the tech came to set up the fiber internet we asked again and were told the phone would be canceled. But I am still getting bills via email paperless billing for the landline and DSL service but my old account sign in info is no longer valid on the AT&T site so I can't go look at the bills and the new account number under my daughter's name and sign in with her info only shows the correct amount for the new fiber info and nothing anywhere about a landline but for the second month in a row I have received a bill at my email for the landline and DSL. I am very nervous about phoning AT&T about it because, no offense intended, every time I call I get someone with a thick accent and they don't seem to understand and I have trouble understanding them. My daughter works at home and relies on the internet and I don't want AT&T to misunderstand and cancel the fiber and cause her to miss an important work deadline and be stressed and worried if something like this happens, she suffers from anxiety. Just to be clear when the change was made the address of the house remained the same but the fiber internet service was put in my daughter's name, a new account number completely different from the old was assigned, and she had to set up an online account with her email and cell phone info. I'm really worried I'm on a limited income and don't to keep getting $115 bills every month for services I was assured were cancelled. I understand this a forum and no one can solve the problem for me I'm just hoping perhaps if someone has been through the same thing they can suggest how to resolve it. Thank you.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

10 months ago

Call in and at the voice prompt say cancel service. The reps in the loyalty/retentions group can probably take care of this for you. If you didn't cancel your old service through them than it most likely wasn't canceled. Even though you don't want to call that is the only way to fix your issue. You don't say if you kept the same number for the digital service on the fiber or not. Make it very clear you're calling to cancel your old traditional landline service (POTS) and DSL. Have your old account number and any other information handy when you call. 

• 

8 Messages

10 months ago

About an hour ago I signed up for Internet 300. Installation is scheduled for next week. What's going to happen with my current land line and DSL? I assume that I'll have to cancel them. Can my current land line number get used as a VOIP line?

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

10 months ago

You can most likely port your number to the digital service. Once you know things are working call and cancel your existing service. Speak to the loyalty/retentions group to make sure the old account is canceled.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.