Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Nov 21, 2016 11:24 PM

Unable to have my billing address corrected.

I set up a land line service for my mother who lives in a nursing home in another state. When I set up the account, I gave them MY home address as the billing address, and of course, her address as the service address. For six months now, you have sent the bill to me at my mother's nursing home. I've called three times and talked with a live person to request you change the billing address on the account, and although the person I talk with says it's changed in the system, the actual bill keeps going to my mother's nursing home.  The last time I called (I'm sure it's a call center in India), I asked to speak to a supervisor. I waited on hold for 52 minutes, then the line just went dead.  I've tried updating using the online, web based service, but the only phone number that your service is willing to send an id verification text to is my mother's phone, not my cell phone (I use Verizon). If I request you send it by mail, guess which address it say it's going to go to? Yep, my mother's nursing home. I don't want to pay late, because I'm sure you can figure out how to ruin my credit rating, even though you can't figure out how to get the bill to my actual address. Is there an Inspector General that I can report this to?

Responses

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

133.6K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @appalled,

Sorry to read of your experience. We must refer  Hone Phone and DSL billing and account issues to our online chat support here.

ATTU-verseCare

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Actually, I referred my issue to the FCC. They have a handy online complaint form that I submitted.

🙂

Get started...

Ask a new question