For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
putdownfox's profile

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, January 7th, 2023 7:17 PM

Transfer ATT home phone to Cellular plan

I need to transfer my grandfather's home phone (ATT) to a cell plan (T-mobile).  I tried speaking with an ATT representative who mentioned I need a tranfer pin and the account number in order to port the number.  The problem is my grandfather does not have an online account set up to initiate getting the transfer pin.  When I go to set up an account the system is trying to send a text message to my grandfather's home phone number, which is a land line.  There's no way for me to get the code and proceed with the account setup.  

Does anyone know what I need to do to get this done?

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

1 year ago

If this is a traditional landline the PIN in in the billing information. Read through this topic to determine the PIN. You don't work with AT&T you work with the carrier you're porting to, which you stated was T-Mobile. They will tell you if the number is portable and what they need from you. 

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

ATT said I need a transfer pin - I already know the account pin.  Will the account pin work?

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

1 year ago

Did you read the topic posted? Like I said you don't need to talk to AT&T and depending on the rep you talk to they may not know anyway.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

The post mentions a 13 digit account number - My grandfather has a 12 digit account.

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

1 year ago

Should be the 10 digit phone number plus 3 digit account If this is a traditional landline. If it's digital service than yes you have to call for a PIN, I can't tell from your post which it is. If the phone plugs into the back of a modem it's digital.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

It's a digital phone, but he uses it as a landline.   I know the account pin.  The att folks can't give me a transfer pin.   They said I have to do it in the online account but when I try to sign up for the online account they try to text an authorization pin to his landline/digital line.  He can't accept a text to his landline/digital line.  

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hate to tell you this, but you're going to have to work with AT&T. I have no idea why they seem to refuse to use email or a phone call to give you the verification information. You could file an FCC complaint. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.