#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 8:29 PM

Spoofing calls all day long.

I've been receiving spoofing calls all day long. Some of the calls didn't even have a phone number and I'm registered with Anonymous Call Rejection. Can At&t submit a complaint to FCC in regards to this issue? Also, can At&t stop the calls? I ask this because they did it the last time this happened.

I already called the At&t customer service and all she wanted to do was sell me more products. She even said that I could sign up with Nomorobo.com because it's run by the government. She also said that the FCC doesn't accept complaints from At&t about spoofing calls. She also said that I can contact the police and report it. I did but they told me to contact my phone company.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

13.9K Messages

4 y ago

This is an ongoing issue for anyone who has a phone.  If you have digital phone service nomorobo is an option as is call protect from AT&T there are also 3rd party call blockers that can keep many of these calls from getting to your phone.  There's is nothing out there that's 100%. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

25.5K Messages

4 y ago

nothing can be done about it, they are spoofed, meaning scammers using real numbers id over the computer somewhere from overseas, at&t cant stop them, (they are real peoples active numbers showing over the spoofers caller id) FCC, FBI, or any other 3 letter entity cant do anything. they use the numbers for a short period of time and move on to another as well as the location. Also you ever wonder why you get a call and they say nothing then hang up and think what is this purpose and what do they gain? well when you answer and they hang up they just added your number to their Rolodex to use on a spoofing call. i had something like 25 people call me one day screaming and telling me not to call them, it wasn't me calling

vx5896

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

4 y ago

The last time this occurred I contacted At&t and the supervisor did something because the calls stopped immediately. He also said that he submitted a complaint to the FCC.

Anyway, who ever is behind this can be stopped. The FTC filed a lawsuit to two operations doing the same thing. Search for the following article: "FTC Sues to Stop Two Operations Responsible for Making Billions of Illegal Robocalls"

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

13.9K Messages

4 y ago

It says they've sued hundreds, so I'd say it's not doing much good.   A foreign company isn't going to care if they get sued by a US government entity. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.