tye8244's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 18th, 2018 10:15 PM

Closed

Spam security calls from AT&T support number 1-800-288-2020

I'm an AT&T customer in the US. I have been getting spammed calls on my landline phone from the AT&T support number 1-800-288-2020 about some internet security problem. There is always the same robot message left on the machine. The call sounds really fake but it is from the real support number. Is it actually AT&T trying to contact me four times every day or just a spoofed number trying to scam? It really added to the confusion when I called the number directly and got to talk with a robot that sounds like it's phishing for my information.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I don't know how this can be marked as resolved? The call is coming from valid AT&T service number, which is a valid service number and being used by some thugs. How AT&T can advice all customer to block their own service number? I can block this number but if I receive a genuine call from AT&T service what will happen? Not sure what is the use of CallBlock feature here, I know I can block any number but not the service number of AT&T is that a wise thing to do, let me know, if so I will do that.

Thanks

Amit Basu

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have been receiving text messages from ATT (the 7535) number and its telling me to take action on my ATT password with my phone number as a user ID. Its telling me to call 800-288-2020, is this a scammer?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I recieved a call today and they knew all of my account details and my address! He said his name was james but he sounded Indian Told me my bill would drop down almost in half but I had to call ATT promotions and give them a code he was going to give me then I had to pay my bill for the next 4 months to get the promotion!

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

Same advice

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I got a text from 1 800 288 2020 Saying:  At & T free msg:  A credit in the amount of $2.00 was applied to your acct in the last 3 days.  To stop these msgs call 800 288 2020 and say "billing"  FYI:  I do not have AT & T for my provider....this is a scam....please do not call or answer in text

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Beware! They are now going door to door wearing bright yellow/green outfits with AT&T badges trying to get you to sign up for AT&T fiber cable TV and internet service and if you give them the info they are looking for you'll get emails that look like they are from AT&T confirming your installation date, etc., but they are really after your personal info. Only found this out after not being able to cancel because the calls were always met by busy signals, and the reps personal number is fake too! Now I've got some security issues to attend...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Adding to this, their call back number was 800-288-2020-- that's what made me to look this up.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am getting letters on AT&T letter head via US Mail addressed to my residence, but with a very suspicious 'name' i.e. Mrrr DDDD

regarding obtaining my credit rating for services ordered. When I dialed the number listed 1-800-288-2020 I finally got the AT&T Building Dept?????  When I asked them to give me AT&T's Federal Tax ID#, they basically hung up.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

We got this email today with the AT&T logos

Date: Mar 30, 2020 10:27 AM

Subject: Your AT&T Access ID is temporarily locked

To: [email scrubbed]

Cc:

myAT&T

We've temporarily locked your user ID

Hi Valued Customer,

For your security, we've temporarily locked your user ID. To unlock it, either reset your password online at att.com or call us at 800.288.2020.

Get more tips on keeping your account and ID safe. Personal accounts | Business accounts

Thanks for choosing us,

AT&T

Paperless billing

Go Paperless

Reduce clutter with online billing.

Automatic Payments

Set up AutoPay

Save time and pay your bill automatically!

myAT&T app

Get the App

Manage your account virtually anywhere, 24/7

(edited)

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My mom got a letter that the offline password had been changed but neither of us did that. Should she call this number?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.