S

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 5:32 PM

Reset Account PIN for Elderly Relative

My elderly uncle needs his landline account pin reset so I can create his account online and manage his bill. I have been trying to get ahold of AT&T via phone for weeks, but I end up on hold for an hour or more. He has no internet, no email address, doesn't remember having a pin and throws his bills away every month. We even went to the ATT stores locally and they will only handle cell accounts.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

13.8K Messages

2 y ago

He's the account owner so he's the one that will have to do it. Get him to add you to the account so you can speak for him.

• 

2 Messages

We can't get through to ATT and he is too confused to try and call himself.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

13.8K Messages

Due to the health crisis they are short staffed due to distancing rules so extend hold times of two hours or more aren't unusual. There's nothing you can do if you aren't on the account.

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.