For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
yakayoum's profile

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 7:11 PM

Potentially Grave Consequences!

The other day I tried to call my financial institution, let us call it A, surprisingly, got another destination B. Repeating the call, got the same result. Unfortunately, confidential private info was given the first time- not knowing that my call has been diverted to another number. Following up this event, called AT&T gave'em the details of the incident, but obtained unexpected response: It is not our responsibility. I wonder, it should be the devil's. No Accountability. However, should my private info been breached, sure it won't be that comfortable.

Guru

• 

464 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T would be the last one I would expect to be responsible for a number that was forwarded. Customers forward those numbers as they want. Or for a wrong number that you have dialed.  Or for a number that you failed to verify was the correct financial institution you were calling. Interesting how you think T-Mobile or Verizon or AT&T could be responsible. If you were saying only AT&T is forwarding the call, not the local telco or other providers, then I might entertain that argument. 

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

These calls were carried out using my landline phone under AT&T service.

Thank you for giving me a chance to respond to your inquiry.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.