Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
N

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Nov 18, 2020 9:14 PM

Phone Line Going Out

I work from home and log into Avaya to use the phone & get paid. Since mid October at random times throughout the day, the open phone line will go to a fast busy signal. I have to sign out of Avaya (not getting paid) and if I'm lucky, I can just log back in. About 1/2 the time I'm not lucky and have to reset the modem completely (again, not getting paid). 

I called tech support and they've tried a few things including sending out a new modem this past weekend. All was great until today when it happened again. 

Has anyone had this happen before and if so, how was it resolved? 

How do I get to an upper tech person? I have called numerous time and don't want to speak w/an entry level tech, they haven't solved it. 

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

9.6K Messages

2 months ago

At the voice prompt say tech support.  I'm assuming you're talking about a true VoIP set up.  Does your modem go down? If no it could be the options or it could be on the far end. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Actually, it is not VoIP, it's an actual phone line with a dial tone. Antiquated yes but that's what the company wants. The modem does not go down at all. 

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

9.6K Messages

2 months ago

You log into Avaya, but you're talking on a plain old telephone line.  Yet your phone cuts you off and won't come back until you reestablish contact with the Avaya site.  So, just who are you talking to?  What's common between your phone and where you're logged in?  What Internet service are you using?  If it's anything other than DSL the only relationship between your phone and Internet connection is Avaya.   So you've said you have a POTS line, now tell us what you have for Internet service.

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread onevanilla

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I have my internet through AT&T. 

During my regular working hours, I'm talking to customers on the phone. Right now I'm testing so I'm gated not to take calls, just as open line clocking my time to get paid. 

Yesterday I lost Avaya at 3:34, today it was at 12:30. All the lights on the modem stay green, all services turned off of the phone line, voice mail, call waiting, etc. 

It literally just goes to a fast busy signal. 

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

9.6K Messages

2 months ago

So what Internet service do you have?  DSL?  High speed totally indepent of the phone?  What does gated not to take calls mean?  Does that mean Avaya controls whether or not your phone can take calls and if so how?  Need better, more specific answers to help you figure out what's going on. 

Check your bill it should tell you what your Internet service is.  Is your phone plugged into the modem?  Yes or no

Get started...

Ask a new question