EthelJoy's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 12:22 AM

Password for email

I change the password to my ATT phones and billing, but I do not want to change my email addresses.  How do I keep my email address password separate from services and billings?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @EthelJoy,

Learn how to manage multiple accounts by creating an Access ID. See steps here. This will allow you to keep email separate from account management. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

At the prompting of Yahoo, I changed PW.  The prompt pulled up at ATT screen.  Changed pasword on a desktop and all was OK.  IPad and Iphone OK fro receiving Yahoo mail but will not send.  Keeps saying incorrect password, yet I can log in to Yahoo mail?????

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Same issue. Only old password works when accessing via mail client.

Community Support

• 

231.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @isellhotsauce,

Are you able to login to your mail account with the new password when accessing it via the mail site at att.net? If so, try changing the password again to update it.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Hello AT&T,
Changing the password did not resolve the security issue where the old password continues to function via imap host.

Can AT&T explain or resolve the security issue regarding the disconnect between the webmail access and the mail client access?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.